Saturday, March 26, 2011

Breadcrumb 3 - Ginger Bread

It seems to me like these days you can find me in the kitchen anytime. It's not that I'm such a fanatic cook or something. Not at all, to be honest. But I've been inviting people all the time into my little apartment. And this particular evening I've invited Ace.

Who's Ace, you want to know?

Well, Ace is the guy who introduced me to the world of laboratory. I've been working for a couple of weeks in the lab now, to my own content. And tonight I'm making him Goopy Carbonara, which I believe is his favorite (I heard him talking about his mom making it almost every time when he visited her, so I hope I guessed right - though I might not make it as tasty as his mother probably does, so it might be a bad guess). Just to show my appreciation for his tip.

When he came in I was still adding the finishing touch to my saucepan, but at least I was certain my apartment was filled with a terrific smell.

And truly, it tasted good! I mean, really good! I MEAN, fantastic. Never tasted anything as good in my entire life. Okay... might be exaggerating a little by now.

Ace seemed to like it as well, though, so I couldn't be more happy. However, he said something distasteful about my apartment... It was a bit empty, unpersonal and pale. These were actually his exact words. I just took the comment, swallowed deep and after a while said goodbye. The comment didn't leave my mind, though, and some days after I collected the money I'd saved till then and spent it on paint, new cloth for the couch, and some second-hand furniture.

I started by cleaning the kitchen, which was a total mesh after the plumbing had decided to leak. And had I ever had time to clean the sink really? It seemed not.

Then I took a good look at the kitchen. It looked a bit pale indeed. But soon change would come.
Didn't this give such a warmer feeling?



My little apartment became a picture-perfect, or so to say. This is totally me! Don't you love it?!

There was one thing I liked most, though. My workbench was the centerpiece of my room. Possibly I would be spending most of my time at this table, inventing anything from a drinking llama to a smasher and a dog toy to a rotationall pull. One day I'll probably be able to create a time machine and go to another space and time. Something I've always wished I'd do. Have you never fantasized about traveling by time machine?

But before I'd be able to achieve this I'd have to collect scrap from the junk yard.

So one late evening I went to the junk... Honestly, I felt a bit scared, being there in dark and all, but I tried not to look at the dark bushes and just went straight towards the piles of rubbish. Not rubbish at all, of course.

But I was mostly impressed with the things other people had left behind. A beautiful, though a bit ragged, couch, and an old stereo, which would definitely be able to produce a reasonable sound if I got out my equipment. Another little project for me.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this! I love Ginger! I hope more people are going to read it.... maybe you should place a link on the Stars' website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, probably would be a good idea, though I'm not sure if anyone still comes there! I tried at Sarah's legacy, obviously, because I really would love to know what everyone thinks of it!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete