Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breadcrumb 5 - Ginger Bread


Lately I had been pretty exhausted after work. As soon as I left the lab I started to see black spots and stars all around me. It probably just was the work load, I assume. I had also made promotion - YAY FOR THAT!


Which didn't really bring me that much higher on the career ladder, as one of my tasks was to take home a set of filty plates to wash it in my own sink. Talking about a real job. Anyway, I could consider myself a lab tech now, instead of being a test subject.

There was just this incidence that made me question my tiredness was all due to work load... It probably meant nothing, but still, how often do you find yourself hanging above the toilet, throwing up like your body wanted to rinse itself.

And after that I was just craving for food. Which I wouldn't have found odd, if it wasn't for the type of food, at the time of day. Like... in the middle of the night I would really long for waffles with grapefruit and lots of butter and I wouldn't be able to sleep before I had eaten a full plate of it. It was like I was eating for two. If you know what I mean.

And then my tummy started to grow. Which meant I couldn't wear my dearest pyjamas anymore.

And it didn't go unnoticed. When my friend Jessica came by, she asked me immediately what I'd done to my figure. Had I been eating tons of chocolate every day, or what?!

So I told her in a whisper, not wanting to spread the word in open public. What if Ace would hear? I hadn't even thought about telling him yet. We'd seen each other of course, even did some of the dating thing, which was unavoidable now we had shared the sheets. And obviously we saw each other at work, every once in a while. It made a little difference he was still in the testing department and I had made it to lab tech, but we were off around the same time and mostly met each other in the main hall, where we'd just talk a little. But I was always wearing this lab coat that would conceal any part of your figure, so he'd never noticed the growth of my belly.

Jessica wasn't such a secretive person. She didn't really get the concept "keeping quiet", and almost screamed out loud: "You're gonna be a mommy?!"

After I almost punched her in the stomach (which wouldn't hurt her trained body anyway), she asked me in a softer tone if I'd already told Ace.

"Of course not! Should I?" Maybe I should. He was the father, after all. Or, he would be the father...

So, again Jessica left me worrying. Should I tell Ace? When should I tell Ace? How should I tell Ace? How would Ace respond.

No such thing as rest for me...

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh pregnancy :D to be honoust, I really didn't expect this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's the thing I'd hope for!

    ReplyDelete