Monday, March 28, 2011

Breadcrumb 7 - Ginger Bread

Okay, it didn't end there. We didn't just simply moved in together in my apartment. Or his. My apartment would be too small. And his was crowded with roommates. So we got this lovely place right next to the hospital (in case of emergencies that would come in handy - and as I'm such a such a nitwit that would definitely come in handy).
The garden surely did look lovely. Though it was a public place.
The apartment, or studio, or whatever you'd want to call it, wasn't as big as we'd expected though. Not bigger than my place, to say the least. Maybe even smaller...

But now we had already bought the place. And there was no money left for another apartment. We couldn't simply switch or anything. So this would be it. Still no separate rooms. Still not the two-room apartment I had wanted when I came to Bridgeport (or Porridgeport...).

But we sold some of the furniture that was already inside, kept some that seemed reusable, and used the money we had saved ourselves to by some second-hand (newish) furniture to decorate and furnish the place. At the end it looked like home. And we didn't need to buy the expensive toys for Rye, because I had made some toys myself.

 
 And it was such a lovely and sweet sight to see my boy playing with my own-made toys. Isn't he adorable? I can't believe this bunch of love came out of me. Out of me! I should call my mom to let her know...

And we were almost like a real family. Especially when we were sitting in front of our house (or in the back, I don't know really, as there are so many doors - even a garage door), Ace making hotdogs on the barbecue, and Rye playing with his (mine) cow toy.

But still... It was a public court, so we couldn't avoid other people coming to sit at "our" place, join in for a hotdog or whatever they felt like. Ace didn't seem to care too much about it; he just took out his pair of drums and made the atmosphere even better. Not realizing it woke up Rye, and me as well. And I already got little sleep because the thing with infants is that they wake up at any impossible time during the night. Fortunately Ace got the habit of getting out of bed, but still... I wake up too.

But of course... Had I ever expected the happy family? Were we really like a family? We just moved in together, weren't married, or engaged, or anything. We were just playing mom and dad for Rye, like you'd play mom and dad when you were young (at least... if you were a girl... or persuaded by a girl).

Welcome to my life.

2 comments: